Skip to content
And some class policies:
- CLASS MINIMUM: In general, we require a minimum of 6 people registered to run a class.
- Participants should be 18 or older to sign up; interested parties under 18 should have a parent or guardian contact us.
- LATENESS/ABSENCES: Please aim to arrive 10 minutes early to ensure class starts on time. If you know you’re going to be late or absent, email the teacher so they can adjust, as a courtesy to them and your classmates.
- ADVANCEMENT: Students who miss more than 2 days of a class may not be eligible to advance to the next level, without prior approval from our education director. (If you register without emailing us, your tuition will be refunded and a $25 admin fee deducted.)
- CHANGING CLASSES: If your schedule changes and you wish to transfer into a different class time, it is a $25 admin fee to make the change (making up a missed class in another section is not permitted for the Intro level)
- PREREQUISITES: If you have not done a prerequisite or any classes at the Embassy, email firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself and your background before registering for a specialty course, or 201 or higher, and the admin can decide at their discretion before you make the purchase.
(If you register for the class without emailing first, it will be automatically refunded with the $25 fee deducted.)
- REFUNDS: in fairness to others who couldn’t secure spots, refunds can only be made one week before the first class, minus the $25 admin fee.
(If you register for a class but find your availability changes, you can defer a class till the next term only (one week before start of class; once class is in session it cannot be deferred)
- RETAKING A CLASS: If you are hoping to retake a course, email email@example.com and we can set up a 50% discount coupon for you if there is space in the class (note: we prioritize students who haven’t taken it the first time; depending on demand, we may have you register the week leading up to the start of class)
- SIGNING UP A FRIEND: If you’re signing up for or with a friend, please include a note with their name and email so we can add them to our class list.
- EMAIL ADDRESS: Make sure you enter your email address correctly so we can add you to the class list and you will get necessary info and updates.