The Improv Embassy is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, can contribute fully and have equal opportunities.
The following behaviour is prohibited:
Harassment: means a course of comments or actions that are known, or ought reasonably to be known, to be unwelcome. It can involve words or actions that are known or should be known to be offensive, embarrassing, humiliating, demeaning or unwelcome, based on a ground of discrimination identified by this policy. Harassment can occur based on any of the grounds of discrimination.
Examples of harassment include:
• Epithets, remarks, jokes or innuendos related to a person’s race, gender identity, gender expression, sex, disability, sexual orientation, creed, age, or any other ground
• Posting or circulating offensive pictures, graffiti or materials, whether in print form or via e-mail or other electronic means
• Comments ridiculing a person because of characteristics that are related to a ground of discrimination. For example, this could include comments about a person’s dress, speech or other practices that may be related to their sex, race, gender identity or creed.
If a person does not explicitly object to harassing behaviour, or appears to be going along with it, this does not mean that the behaviour is okay. The behaviour could still be considered harassment under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Sexual and gender-based harassment can include:
• Gender-related comments about a person’s physical characteristics or mannerisms
• Unwelcome physical contact
• Propositions of physical intimacy
• Gender-related verbal abuse, threats or taunting
• Leering or inappropriate staring
• Bragging about sexual prowess or questions or discussions about sexual activities
• Rough and vulgar humour or language related to gender
• Display of sexually offensive pictures, graffiti or other materials including through electronic means
I understand that failing to live up to this guide may result in removal from a team or a class at the Improv Embassy and that my tuition will not be refunded.